Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Begining of March....wait it's already more than halfway gone.

I started this post 2 weeks ago. Coming back a LOT of stuff has been going on.  I started it off with doing the Portland market, and getting the line in some new stores yay! Prepping for a trade show is a TON of work, so I'm glad the first one I did was in my hometown.

In what could be construed as bad news, my car was diagnosed by the mechanic as "ditch it while it still moves", so I did.


So about this point in time you may  be asking yourself, dear lord what in the hell has she been driving? Well it was a 1988 Buick Electra Estate Wagon. I named it the Beastmaster. 3 years ago I had to get a car after moving out of downtown and not driving for quite a while. I need it quick, cheap and able to haul around fabric and such. I ended up with this, and thought it would last me maybe 6 months. Instead I had a fun 3 gas guzzling years,  and it only cost me low low price of $750. I for sure got my cash money worth out of it. And it even ran when I sold it.

Before the Beastmaster I had the Tuna Boat. Which was my 1961 Bel Air that I learned to drive on. I sold it in a weak financial period during my last term in college. Smart financial choice, but over all sad end of an era. My parents had a 1954 Chevy 5-window pick up as our farm trunk, so needless to say I have old cars in my blood. 

Anyway, back to the present. 

I'M OUT OF DRIVING PURGATORY!

 DUDES 390!!!! VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

What is that? Well, it's a 1964 Mercury Montclair. It's pretty, and does need some work, but it's a much snazzier daily driver than the Beastmaster. Best part, the back window rolls down. Sweet.

In other March news (aside from making the pretty dresses) my house has a new foster dog. His name is Rusty, and he's adoptable through Hopes Haven.  He's a sweetie pie, and has recently had a rough go of things. He's working on trusting humans again, and has already made some great progress in our house outside of the shelter. He's 15lbs, around 7 years old, and likes other doggies. He's a Poodle, and loves to cuddle. He's definately a bit more wary of men, but is warming up to my husband, especially when food is involved. If you'd like to meet him, I'd LOVE to hear from you. Here's a video of him being cute (please disregard my annoying puppy voice).


Also, April 6th is the Spring Trunk show at Union Rose. So put it in your day planner, myself all the pretty dresses will be there!





No comments: