Friday, October 21, 2011

Clair Fall/Winter 2011 - Model : Seyta Selter

Seyta and I met over a patternmaking table in 2003. We've been pals ever since, though at times we don't see each other more than a few times a year. (very sadly). Seyta is the Lady of Duchess Clothier. When she first opened her business in 2005, I was lucky enough to do my internship there helping her get the store open. (most fun). That was back when she made dresses and before the suits. Those days have long passed, and she once again has a store front, both in Portland and San Francisco. Last year I actually found one of her dresses at the Goodwill from my internship days. I may have gotten a little shrieky about it, but I brought it home and returned it to Setya. You should check out her showroom, regardless if you are in the market for a new suit or not, it's lovely.

No comments: