Saturday, February 18, 2012

Spring/Summer 2012

It's been much too long since I last posted on here. It's because I've been so busy with making Spring and Summer dresses, along with sampling out all my Fall and Winter dresses.  I have my very first trade show coming up, and I'm nervous. Fingers crossed some new stores like my dresses.
Anyway, here are the images from my last shoot. I wanted to pick a fun location, and also share a great community resource - The Community Warehouse. They are a non-profit in Portland that collects furniture and household items and distributes them to people in need. Those people include women escaping domestic violence, the elderly, people with mental and physical disabilities, refugee families, youth and adults recovering from substance abuse, and the working poor. They get their donations from people like you and me, and area businesses. I think what they do is pretty amazing. I first came into contact with The Community Warehouse when they were in their last location, a few blocks from my studio space. Along with being a wonderful resource to the community, they also raise funds from their Estate Store. Being an avid thrift store addict, the proximity to my studio was not always a good thing for my wallet. If you are in the Portland area, please consider donating to this organization or stopping by the Estate Store. It's one of my favorite places to shop, and I know it's helping out my community.







































No comments: