Sunday, December 28, 2014

Advertising fails

So in the past year I have become completely dependant and obssesd with two things:

1. Midol.

2. BB cream.

I say adverting fails, because I know what each of these products were independently, but had never understood why I needed their magical powers in my life.

1. Midol, what the hell is this? It's the thing that the young man at he grocery store gets red in the face helping you locate (from fear? of PMS fueled rage maybe? ) And is embarrassed to ask you if it's for "lady problems", yes this actually happened. (It also doesn't help his fear if you are white knuckle cluthing a Dr. Pepper and a bag of M&M chocolate covered pretzels in the ask)  I am forever indebted to Rita for almost forcing this magic drug down my throat one day. 20 minutes later I was all WHAT IS THIS MAGICAL SUBSTANCE THAT HAS MADE ME NO LONGER FEEL AS THOUGH I AM DYING?!?!?! 
    It was so magical that I actually wrote to Midol and told them their advertising was shitty and they lad lost 15 years of loyal patronage by not reaching me with it. Magical, I swear. They just sent me some coupons in return.


2.  BB cream. I am not actually sure what is in this, guessing not ground up Midol, but maybe could be? I had it lathered on my face at different make up counters over the past few years. I couldn't tell the difference because of the sheer amount of spackle they had put on me, in attempt to sell 10 face products that I can't even recall what they were. I had to recently be filmed, and my lovely hair/make up lady, Heidi Cuthbert gave me the low down on how to look fabulous on film. Well mainly this BB cream. It's light, has SPF, doesn't get gross evens out your skin tone. Just put it on. MAGICAL.

If I become a hoarder and someone has to estate sale my house, you can bet I'll have a back stock of both of these.

No comments: