Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve

I'm not sure how it got here so fast. 2014 started fast and ended fast. It has been one of the most transitional and goal reaching years of my entire life.

This year:

I had a book published.

I filmed for a program on PBS.

I got national press for my clothing line.

I got happily laid off from my dread day job, and I am just working doing patterns for hire and my dresses now.

I hopefully graduated physical therapy for the last time.

After 14 years of fighting it, I had my gallbladder out. It's been 9 months since. I was in denial about how much discomfort/pain I was in for years, and still expect to feel it ever now and then being angry. Fear is a powerful thing.

I dealt with anxiety about surgery, flying, life, and poor sleeping.

I started doing Zumba, this month. It's kind of amazing, and I really hope it transforms my life into actually not despise working outs. I made it through classes and didn't die, and actually look forward to going. (no I am not drinking before)

I learned that some of my greatest joys and rewarding work is done through volunteering. I am the most proud of the work I do with this. Both with the Newberg Animal Shelter, and with the Clothing Closet at my High School in Newberg. It makes me so very happy to be able to help.

I went swimming almost once a week all summer. I'd like to say this is the key to all success.


2015, I have no idea what you have in store for me. Other than I'm open wide. Instead of not knowing what I am going to be doing in 2 years, I don't know what I will be doing in 2 months.

I'm excited.

HAPPY NEW YEAR


No comments: